A long-established and growing exhibit company with locations in both Austin and Grapevine, Texas is looking for an energetic, highly creative, and talented Creative Director that excels in designing exhibits and exhibit-related projects, meeting and surpassing the goals of our clients. If you have a strong understanding of the trade show world and you’re ready to turn your designs loose, then we just might be looking for you.
Responsible for designing both custom and rental exhibits and exhibit-related projects according to client requirements and budget constraints; planning and illustrating concepts; following projects through production to ensure they meet customer requirements; attending shows; reviewing designs after exhibit shown to determine effectiveness and define problems; maintaining relevant files.
- Design custom and rental exhibits; proficiency in Octanorm preferred
- Interpreting client needs and goals
- Conducting idea sessions on design concepts and problems
- Producing design renderings, floor plans, and models within budgetary constraints
- Determining scale, performing calculations, preparing layouts
- Designing retail fixtures and retail environments a big plus
- Keeping current of trends in exhibit design and materials
- Attending both professional development and client-specific trade shows
- Conducting debriefing session following the completion of the show to determine effectiveness, strengths and weaknesses of the exhibit
- Coordinating and contracting with outside Designers to provide special items or to manage work overflow
- Reviewing and analyzing submitted projects (material, hardware, electrical/lighting specifications, building techniques) in accordance with customer requirements
- Following projects through production and determining improvements required for next project
- Maintaining all relevant files (hardware, archiving graphic digital files), materials records
REQUIRED SKILLS | EXPERIENCE | EDUCATION
- Working knowledge of design, exhibit construction and materials
- Highly functional in Graphic Design and 3D CAD programs
- College diploma in Graphic Arts with a minimum of 3 – 5 years Design experience
- Health care plan
- Paid Holidays
- Business casual dress
- Location: Grapevine or Austin
- Compensation: Pay commensurate with experience.
- Employment: Full time.
Principals only. Recruiters please do not contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Interested in working for Imagecraft Exhibits? Submit your information below.